in ,

Nintendo NX will begin production this year

Having previously announced that their latest console would begin production in Q2 2016, it has now been revealed that the upcoming Nintendo NX will begin production in Q4 2016 later this year.

Nintendo-NX

This is around a quarter ahead of schedule, as alterations in design and specifications forced the initial production back to early 2017. According to sources from Taiwan, 40% of the overall production will be handled by Foxconn Electronics, with the Taiwan-based company including Foxxconn technology, Pixart imaging and Delta Electronics for flash memory, CMOS imaging and power supply manufacturing. The remaining 60% will be assembled by Japan-based Misumi Electronics and Hosiden.

MCV surveyed a series of UK retail sites that suggested that the Nintendo NX needs to be a reasonable price for consumers, considering the poor sales of the Wii U. Prices are believed to be coming in around £200 (about $260) from UK video game retailers, which is significantly cheaper to the likes of PS4 and Xbox One at their respective launches. This could be a big win for Nintendo, if sales are strong with the rumoured launch titles it could achieve the success it missed out on from the launch of the Wii U and 3DS.

Nintendo NX is rumoured to be aiming for a March 2017 release, with whispers circulating that the console will have features allowing players to play games both at home and on the go.

 

Written by Ham

Ham is a video games journalist, musician and a rookie Twitch streamer. Playing everything from 2D platformers to MMORPGs, Ham enjoys bringing news from all forms of games to the masses. Favourite game series’ include Dark Souls, Diablo, Grand Theft Auto and Borderlands.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Tony Stark Is Leaving The Mantle Of Iron Man

Suicide Squad Made A Killing At It’s Opening Box Office